[AT] Discharge Chains

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Fri Apr 1 04:58:02 PDT 2016

Won't male any difference to lightning. Remember, lightning has already traveled a mile or more through the air, nothing you can do in a few feet will stop it. All you can do is provide a better path than you to ground. Metal car bodies are ideal as the lightning can travel around you and then jump the last few inches to the ground.

I don't put much faith in tires as a discharge path for static buildup. It probably doesn't matter much while the truck is moving though. Static electricity is on the outside and anything flammable is inside. It is only when loading or unloading that you need to worry, as that is when the contents are on the outside for a moment. So connect the ground wire.