[AT] de-greasing disc brakes

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Sep 26 06:22:53 PDT 2015

Steve the first time I used my uncles 35 to cultivate soy beans,
I got to the end of the first two rows pulling the rolling cultivator
and tried to do what I had seen the other guys do.  I pulled up the
lift lever and stood up on the right wheel brake as hard as I would
have needed to on our Allis D-10.   The Massey turned around so fast
that the first time around I missed the end of the next two rows and
had to go all the way around again making a 540 deg turn instead of a 180.
That time I got it right.  My uncle was standing at the other end of the
field shaking his head!   He was old school and would have come to a
complete
stop, lifted the cultivators and then slowly made the turn.  He didn't much
like the way I drove his tractor.  I wasn’t hurting it but in his mind I was
but
he didn't say anything.  Just shook his head.

He always ran the tractor with the throttle set at the line on the
tachometer for
"PTO".  He said don't run it wide open.  I told him that is what the
governor was for.
He didn't much like that either.  grins.

Charlie