[AT] Portland

Ivan ivancou at windstream.net
Fri Sep 4 17:02:33 PDT 2015

Farmer ,  Gene Dotson was wagonmaster as usual but he is also the
camping director now .  Most of the usual 's were there . Gary  Doston ,
Steve Sewell,Tim Brown,Brice,Jeff, Steve Buntram, Leroy , Roger,Tim.
The engine gang but they do their own thing in the show  . Reggie was
there But I never saw him .  Mising most noteably,  Spencer  , Herb
,Dewey,chainsaw Ed ,Vern, Big Dog,as well as a couple others that I cant
remember names . Its sad but were all ageing  and the younger people
dont seem to have the interest .  I think Larry Goss drifted thru and
there was one new face, Chuck .
  We did the usual Wensday night mexican dinner on golf carts . Miss the
old days of everyone piling onto a equipment trailer being towed by a
tractor  .  Thursday evening some go over to the show grounds where the
engine guys hang  , they make homemade ice cream . Friday most go to
the fish fry at the catholic church.
  We all gather round the fire to discuss things ,isnt that rule carved
in stone ? .  The show itself didnt do anything spectacular as far as
being the 50 th that I noticed. They did do special tee shirts and such
that the club sells and the tractors were arrainged to spell 50 . A
couple radio and newspaper interviews . The tag sale was up and running
as usual .The flea market uptown was smaller but the one out across from
Walmart got much bigger .   No group pictures , no rebuilding someones
cub at the campground or anything . Didnt have friday breakfast either .
Somehave found it entertaining to see me pack all my purchases up to go
home but this year was a off year ,I actually came home with money in my
wallet .  This year the weather was nice ,not really hot or pouring down
rain . Ivan

    Since I was unable to get to Portland I was hoping to read a number
of reports from those who were there. Was anybody besides Dean there?
:-) I did see a lot of pictures on the Tri-County Facebook page but it
is always a lot better reading about friends enjoying themselves instead
of just strangers pictures posted without comment. On a side note, if I
am feeling better in a week or so are there any shows coming up in east
central Indiana or west central Ohio in September or October?