[AT] OFF Topic: 4 month Verizon WAR

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Wed Sep 2 16:46:38 PDT 2015

Farmer,
     You are absolutely correct.  When the stations changed to digital,
the reception went out the window.  Even the very close ones that you
would rely on for severe weather information, will not work when the
weather is bad.  Analog had ghosts and snow and static, but you could
still receive a signal and could make out what you needed to know.  The
broadcasters say it was mandated by the FCC, and it probably was, but if
you follow the money, you will undoubtedly find that the final
consumer(us) is paying for it one way or another.  It is NOT progress.
It is getting screwed.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA