[AT] OFF Topic: 4 month Verizon WAR

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Tue Sep 1 15:18:30 PDT 2015

charlie hill wrote:
> I've recently dropped Dish Network for the same reason.
> My problem is, the few stations I do want to watch are only
> available on satellite or cable and some of them aren't even
> on our local cable.
>
> Charlie

Many shows are available online as well.

I have Dish here but hardly watch it I was all set to cancel it but told
the wife it was up to her as she watches a few shows. She called to
cancel and shocked the company, "You've been with Dish for over 20
years"!!  We can't let you go, how about we drop the price by $30.00 a
month...

I've switched to watching shows online. Fewer commercials and you can
pause it when you wish.

I just started watching Downton Abbey. Great show IF you know some
history. It follows an English aristocratic family from just prior to
WWI as they deal with the changes around them.

LOTS of other shows out there as well as entire networks

--
Steve W.