[AT] LED lights

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Oct 17 05:58:59 PDT 2015

I have bought a bunch of those from Amazon, but have not had time to put
them on my tractors.  I was trying to finish re-sowing my wheat field 2
nights ago.   I was pulling my no-till drill with my TS110 New
Holland.   I usually pull it with the 930 Case, but it has a bad problem
with the steering gear.  The NH has some great lights on it, but with a
blue loader that has the paint oxidized, the loader would reflect the
lights on the tip of the cab  back into the cab windshield and it was
like looking into a mirror.  The lights on the handrails at each side of
the cab would help, but only one worked this time... The loader cross
bar was perfectly positioned to block the light from the headlights,
unless I raised the loader up to an unsafe height while driving across
terraces.  The bottom of the loader quick attach frame would have to be
4 ft off the ground to allow the headlights to shine.
If anyone has tried to harrow with a spike tooth harrow at night, you
understand the problem with working with lights.    If it was a moonlit
night, it was easier to see where you had been with the lights off.  Add
to that the problem of the mirror effect of a cab windows, and you have
a real problem.  I have one of those led light bars that I am going to
mount on the loader cross bar at the front and build a guard for it in
case something roll back off the loader.   I have the same problem
trying to bale at night with the headlights.  The loader and the tractor
hood needs to be flat black.  Not a pretty color, but very functional
for night work...

Cecil in OKla