[AT] Stuck JD B

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Oct 14 12:43:30 PDT 2015

Ray:
  Until you know how bad the crank is you don't need to worry about the
bearings.  Just remember where every shim came out of when you take it
apart...   If you can get a gallon of Marvel Mystery Oil and a Quart of
Acetone, then mix them up and pour the mixture into the spark plug
holes, the exhaust pipe  and the  intake  Make a extension to get the
liquid into all  the upper passages.  Be sure the cylinders are full,
even if you have to open a valve to get the liquid to the top of the
cylinder.   Then, if you get the crankshaft to rocking, check to make
sure the camshaft is turning.   I had an early JD many years ago and it
was stuck.   I hauled it to OKC from Louisiana.  We got the crank to
move some, and had liquid in the cylinders with the plugs out.   We
pulled it with another tractor and when I let out the clutch, I broke
the entire upper housing that holds the camshaft.  Never did get that
tractor running.  So make sure everything is moving before putting any
real torque on the crankshaft...

Cecil in OKla