[AT] Charlie Hill,

tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 5 11:53:30 PDT 2015

After IKE one of the neighbors ended up with a pine tree that leaned over the house but caught on a tree in the back yard. This kept it mostly off the house. The insurance company brought in a large crane.  They hooked the cable on the top of the big fallen tree.  Stood it up.  Cut it off and laid it down on front of the house.
The crane used was one with a long telescoping boom.  Same type used to place cooling units on top of multi story buildings.  It cold reach maybe six stories high.
There was an episode on This Old House where they used a crane  to remove some trees in the front yard.  Those trees could have been safety blocked.  These areas were near big cities where there are a number of these cranes available.
Maybe it is not as expensive as thought.  Any way if you get a company who is bonded and does these things for a living they will figure out the least expensive way to do it safely.