[AT] Charlie Hill,

Thomas O Mehrkam tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 5 04:47:53 PDT 2015

Be real careful with that pine tree.

I suspect it is real tall.  It is a job for the experts.  What will it
cost if you botch it and it falls on the house?

That being said I used a 8000 lb truck mounted winch to take down a huge
Red Oak Tree that broke off about 20 ft up.  Fell across a trailer and
caught in the fork of another tree.

We built a support out of two telephone poles tied together with log
chain.  Got on the trailer and blocked the limbs that were over the
trailer.  Then we hooked the winch to what was left

Pulled and the truck started sliding so we used a log chain to secure
the truck to another tree.  Pulled until the hole thing toppled over
away from the trailer.  That left the bottom portion that was easy to
direct with wedges to fall in the desired direction.

This was a house trailer on our weekend home not the main house.