[AT] Oliver Tractor for sale in MA

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Tue Nov 24 12:50:50 PST 2015

The tractor is clearly either a 60 or a 70 with the "Standard" factory
axle. I put "Standard" in quotes because that was a term used for
industrial/utility tractors that were not adjustable width front axles.
Most Olivers of the 70, Fleetline (66-88), Super (66-99), three digit
(770) and four digit (1550 up) were adjustable front axle row crop
models, with few fixed axles. The utility and wheatland models were
equipped with fixed axles.
       The Super 44, Super 55 and 550 and the 60, 66, Super 66 and 660
had 4 cylinder engines. The other tractors of those series and most
later ones had 6 cylinder engines. If this tractor has a 6 cylinder
engine (the length looks like it could be right in the pictures) then it
is an Oliver 70 and if it has a 4 cylinder engine then it is a 60. The
80 and 90 did have 6 cylinder engines too, but I am nearly certain this
is NOT one of those because there are other cues. The rear wheels look
like mid Fleetline series steel dished wheel, a common swap out for the
70 in the Northeast, especially if the tractor came on steel originally.
       Grant Brians - Hollister,California farmer of vegetables, edible
flowers, herbs, nuts and fruit
On 11/24/2015 9:40 AM, macowboy at comcast.net wrote:
> Here is the other side. The looks to be in decent shape. I still can't tell if this is a Oliver 60 or 70.
>

> Jim Thomson
> Rehoboth, MA

>>> further. There used to be a Oliver dealer in Rehoboth and I am thinking