[AT] How can they farm like that

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Nov 22 20:40:57 PST 2015

A friend of mine has been a tractor mechanic for 25 years.  He was very
enthusiastic when I bought my 7030 Allis Chalmers.   He said the duals
were ok, but not to weight the duals.  He had worked on several 7030's
that had water and wheel weights on the duals and the rear ends were
breaking down.  However the owners were pulling 24ft disks with them
also....  I can't pull a lot with mine, as the main clutch or the drive
plate i slipping.  I have not had a chance to do any adjustment, but I
think it is the o-rings on the main clutch piston are worn...  I just
make sure it engages quickly and use a lower gear when pulling.   I hope
to get the tractor split this winter.  providing my knee will cooperate....

Cecil in oKla