[AT] Update - Laptop hard drive

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Sun Nov 22 10:40:58 PST 2015

Just wanted to give an update on my laptop hard drive. I ran every check
suggested, and my hard drive checked out fine, so I decided to wipe the
drive and reinstall windows 7, its much snappier now.  I have all my
files backed up to Carbonite, so I thought reinstalling would be a snap.
I double checked to make sure all my important files were there, and
backed up, and they were.
I wiped the drive on the 17th, and reinstalled Windows on the morning of
the 18th, and then started my back up. As of today I am only at 61% on
the backup, with pictures being the big hang up. I took Charlie Hills'
advice and bought a 2TB external hard drive, and will use that for my
back ups from now on. It will pay for itself in less than a year, and I
will be able to back up my computer, and my 2 daughters computers on one
drive. I have to believe USB 3.0 is faster that my download speed.

Mike M