[AT] Hey Ralph!

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 21 17:09:40 PST 2015

On 11/21/2015 7:29 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> The frost line here is published at 8" but I don' remember the ground
> freezing that
> deep since I was a boy, more than half a century ago.
>
> Charlie
Similar here Charlie. Only it is feet instead of inches :-). Most water
lines are buried at least
8 feet and considered safe from freezing although we did have trouble
with one freezing years
ago where it passed under a  driving path. Hard packed ice is no
insulation for the ground at all
and that allowed the frost to go deeper. Where there is undisturbed snow
sometimes the ground
does not freeze very deep.
It warmed up to near 20 degrees here today and yesterday so I took the
old flathead Merc out for
a short drive that might be the last one of the season.

Ralph in Sask.