[AT] tractor hauler has rubbery gunk in coolant

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Thu Nov 19 18:16:06 PST 2015

Brown goopy crap in the rad is usually oil. That's what happens to the
GM cars when the intake starts leaking internal. I've had GM cars that
were so bad when you pulled the rad cap you would have to dig the crap
out of the neck before you could even see in the rad. You made mention
of changing the water pump. I can't remember on a 5.4 but if its like
the old 302 and the water pump bolts go through the timing cover around
the coolant passage, it may have broke the seal there when the pump was
changed. Doug T