[AT] MIG welders- Thanks

tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 16 08:22:42 PST 2015

At least the tires hold air.

Looks like several I have seen on various hunting leases.

     On Monday, November 16, 2015 10:14 AM, "macowboy at comcast.net" <macowboy at comcast.net> wrote:

 Thanks to everyone for advice about MIG welders. You have opened my eyes up to what I need. I should have mentioned that for heavier items I have access to my brothers shop. He has a MIG, TIG, stick and a plasma cutter. I am going to call the local welding supply house to see how he can help. I have not welded in probably 15 years but I am sure it will come back to me. I will keep everyone posted.

I also wanted to let the list know why I need to MIG sheet metal. My youngest son has the bug for old iron but not tractors. Instead he has latched onto Willy's Jeeps. He found one locally that is the holy grail of Willy's jeeps, a matching serial number 1942 Ford Script GPW Willy's. To say it is in rough shape would be generous! It needs major sheet metal work and the frame needs to be repaired. The Ford GPW's are very desirable and even a non running engine is worth major dollars. Here are a couple links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9xp8dykxbzgy1s/IMG_20151107_145434.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij9223l3wzinrna/IMG_20151107_145527.jpg?dl=0

Jim Thomson
Rehoboth,MA