[AT] MIG welders

Don don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 15 07:51:31 PST 2015

On 11/15/2015 6:43 AM, macowboy at comcast.net wrote:
> Does any one have any advice on what to look for when purchasing a MIG welder?

I have the small Hobart wire feed with gas that I picked up maybe 15
years ago.  It is 120V and rated for 3/16" stock.  It does what little I
need very well.  My son used it to restore a car body and I use it for
light work.  I do have a Marquette stick welder but it has not been used
in years.  I do have the advantage of a friend with a Miller heavy wire
feed and my brother who does a good job with a stick.

Be aware that many cheaper wire feeds do not come with the stuff for gas
and must be purchased separately and some really cheap models cannot use
gas.  The Hobart models used many Miller components, sometimes with
cheaper materials.

--
Don Bowen       --AD0NB--