[AT] MIG welders

ATIS yostsw at atis.net
Sun Nov 15 06:00:12 PST 2015

I personally have the Hobart Handler 175 and like it a lot.   A skilled welder could easily get an inspection grade weld on 1/4" depending on the stock, conditions, etc.  You can "tack together " much thicker.   I have used commercial grade equipment and while it ain't commercial grade is it very handy and is plenty for my little shop.  In fact I did some fairly tricky stainless that had to be water right about a year ago and was able to get everything adjusted exactly the way I needed.

As Cecil mentioned gas is key.  Flux core is less useful then one initially would believe.

Spencer