[AT] Thank You Vets

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Wed Nov 11 12:48:43 PST 2015

I was not in the military and I think it is a good thing that I was not.
Because I am highly logical and analytical, my likelihood is that either
I would have been kicked to Officers Training School or the Brig! I have
had huge issues with many of the missions our military has been in over
the years, but always been able to differentiate between the
contributions to our and the world's safety versus the times we had no
business sending our military on particular missions.
      I salute the contributions of many of my relatives and so many
others in WWII, WWI, Korea and other activities. I am thankful to not
have been the Commander in Chief having to decide to send them into
harms way and salute the wise decisions and agonize over the clearly
wrong ones.
      Also, I like to think about the original name and purpose of this
day - Armistice Day. It was intended to remind us of the horrors of war
and to strive to avoid it when possible, to fight when necessary and to
be eternally vigilant for threats to liberty and freedom. May we all
think in those terms!
             Grant Brians - Hollister,California farmer of vegetables,
nuts and fruit