[AT] OT - laptop hard drive

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Tue Nov 10 08:21:45 PST 2015

Hi all, I have a Dell laptop that is about 8 years old running windows
7. I have a hunch that the hard drive may be on it's way out, it takes
forever to boot, it freezes for no reason, and now I'm getting random
blue screens that pop up out of no where. I've run every malware and
antivirus I have and everything is clean. I've installed hard drives in
desktops before, but never a laptop. How hard is it, and what type
should I be looking for? Any advantage going with 7200 rpm vs 5400 rpm.
Right now the computer has a 500GB SATA Samsung hard drive; apparently
Samsung was bought out by Seagate.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike M

---