[AT] Healthy Eating, was "Just checking"

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Thu Nov 5 14:27:17 PST 2015

A little of a trick question, but not really. I think the answer is
correct, but could be wrong. The question is: Which is better for you-
fresh fruits and vegetables  or canned ones? (drum roll). And the answer
is canned ones. Before the flames start, let me go on. Nothing can beat
fresh from the garden; however the vast majority of "fresh" produce is
shipped long distances. In order to do this , it must be picked green
and sprayed with chemicals to ripen it or preserve it . I have been told
this by several trucker friends who have hauled produce. Canned produce,
on the other hand, is usually allowed to ripen naturally and harvested
when just right. Then it is usually canned within 12 hours. I have read
that in the canning process you lose from 10 to 15 percent of the
nutrients, but that it is still better than so called "fresh". Your
mileage may vary, but it sounds good to me.
        Greg Hass