[AT] Continental Ignition

tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 2 13:40:11 PST 2015

GOO like that usually comes from Electrolytic Capacitors.
I have no experience with that beast.  I have repaired several engine computers by replacing the components emitting the GOO.
If it is not potted and you can get the cover off you might be able to read the markings on the Capacitor, obtain another similar one and replace the bad Goo generator. You would need a proper solder iron and rosin core colder and the skills to remove the old part without damaging the ckt board.