[AT] Getting water out of a gearbox

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Sun May 31 17:20:53 PDT 2015

So I bought a used Howard Rotavator over the winter, and am going
through it so a friend can borrow it to till up his garden.  When I
checked the gearbox oil, it was a nasty color, and way overfilled. After
pumping what I could of the old stuff out, I found out why it was so
full, water.  There is no drain plug for the gearbox and no cover that
can be taken off to access the inside. What would be the best way to get
all the moisture out of the gearbox. Thanks for any input.

Mike M