[AT] Rear tires slipping on rim

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Mon May 25 09:00:24 PDT 2015

On 5/22/2015 9:03 AM, David Rotigel wrote:
> WOW Grant, 60's or 70's? I guess what they say about you is true and that you "will replace no tires before their time"!
> 	Dave
>

>>   Yesterday I replaced two 6.70x15 tires that looked
>> to have been manufactured here in the US in the 1960's or early 70's.
>> They finally had weather checked too badly and were starting to flake
>> apart. Maybe it was their time!
>>            Grant Brians
>>            Hollister,California farmer of vegetables, herbs, nuts and fruit.

Ah, Dave I liked that humor. Would that I could get that lifespan out of
all of the tires! Certainly none of the new offshore tires will last
like those did. These two were on an irrigation pipe trailer that is
used almost exclusively offroad so that is the best case scenario. On
the other hand I have another trailer we use on the road pretty
frequently and two Hercules (China) tires only lasted 1.5 years. I stay
away from Hercules unless they slip into the rotation and have never had
truly satisfactory life out of one of their tires.
            Grant Brians