[AT] OT

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Fri May 22 07:18:52 PDT 2015

Can't directly answer your question, Richard.  I had a 2004 Mercury that
would totally kill the battery in about 7 days of inactivity.  The
perimeter alarm  system (PATS, I think) runs constantly and creates enough
drain on the battery to kill it.  Anew battery did not help. Dealer
confirmed that was the cause. Not too handy.  I suggest your friend put a
maintenance charger on the truck when it stands idle to see if that solves
his problem.  If so, he will know he is on the right track.  That is what I
did with the Sable as we used it infrequently.  The car was like new with
only 42,000 miles on it but I solved the problem by trading it in on a
later model Cadillac.  No more dead battery and no more Ford better ideas.

Charlie V in WNY