[AT] Flail mowers

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri May 15 16:34:36 PDT 2015

Someone else will have to comment on the grading.   I know zip.  But i'll share the only relevant story I know.

In the eastern part of the state (Ahoskie NC) I had an acquaintance who decided the only solution was to make his land perfectly flat. He even used a surveyor's transit and everything. It improved his situation according to him because it would encourage the water to evenly disperse across entire property where soak-in and evaporation were both encouraged.   I'd call him but he is related to my son's ex-girlfriend. (-:

He had the advantage of access to a bulldozer, no water flowing in and fairly sandy soil.  Not like Charlie Hill but definitely sandier than those of us on the western side of the state.  Those are all three advantages you might not have.

Good luck!

Spencer