[AT] Rear tires slipping on rim

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri May 15 11:38:40 PDT 2015

maybe you all  remember I have had problems with my 2-105 White tractor
rear tires slipping on the rim.   I have not had the chance to break
them down and try the glycerin yet, I have been advised by a factory rep
from Speedway tires not to do it as it might melt the rubber.  However,
his suggestion was to wrap the rim with Duct tape!!!!!!!!

They asked for the serial number of the tires.  I could not find one on
the sidewall, only a white circular inspection stamp.  Factory rep told
me that this meant that the tires were made before 2010. Factory was
revamped etc after 2010, and sidewalls were serial numbered.

Once again, I bought from a US supplier and got screwed.

If any of you guys buy new tractor tires and they do o have a serial
number on them be aware that they are probably old stock and been
sitting in a warehouse somewhere.  The Ozone deterioration prevention
chemical is not there, etc......

I thought I got a good deal on these tires at $600 ea, but after the
$400 in replacement tubes, they have not been much of a bargain.

I think I am just going to remove the tube, put a small amount of
Glycerin on the beads and mount it tubeless.  Install my methanol
ballast and see what happens.

Cecil in OKla

---