[AT] Stepfather's collection

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed May 6 03:25:06 PDT 2015

Shawn,  where is the collection located and if you don't mind saying who
was your Father in Law?  As much stuff as he has there has to be folks in
the collector community that knew him.

Some of that stuff at relatively valuable and a man could make a fair living
for a period of time just selling that stuff off a piece at a time or
parting it out.
Of course that would require someone who has knowledge of what's there and
where to market it.

If you go the auction route you need to find an auction company that is
familiar with
marketing and selling this kind of stuff.  Your local farm auction company
might be
fine but then again they might just sell it off as junk  to locals instead
of promoting it
to collectors.  One thing you can depend on is that the scrap iron dealers
will show up
at the sale and their bids will by based on weight only as they will crush
it all.

Charlie