[AT] drill bits

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Sat May 2 09:18:36 PDT 2015

As to what we call different things in different parts of the country.
Here in Michigan we have disks and we have harrows, not the same thing;
just as we have dinner and supper, not lunch and dinner, although that
is more of a country-city thing. We used to have a pastor who grew up in
Minnesota and he was wondering what it was that we were always calling a
harrow as in Minnesota they were called disk harrows. I took him to an
auction sale and showed him a harrow- a SPRING tooth harrow. I explained
that here we had two distinct machines; the disk and the harrow whereas
they had one machine, the disk harrow.
        Another difference was that in Minnesota, used rear axles for
Farmall M's and Super M's were very hard to get. Turns out their most
people at the time he grew up had 2 row mounted corn pickers and to
mount them the rear tires had to be moved to the end of the axle. That
plus the fact that the pickers were very heavy and add muddy conditions
and broken rear axes were very common.
         Greg Hass