[AT] Mowing

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat May 2 06:09:37 PDT 2015

The recent discussion of what mowers cost got me to thinking what some of
the ones here would cost in todays money.

1966 Deere 110, thinking dad paid $600 for it, around $4,400 for it today.
8hp, 38 inch cut.

1990 Cadet 2072---about 6K new, $11,00 today. 20 hp, 60 inch
deck---commercial grade. To put it in perspective it weighs over 1,000 lbs.,
so don't mistakenly compare it to some el-cheapo 60" zero turn.

By my figuring, $13,000 is about right for a REAL mower. Not that coming up
with that kind of cash is easy (for my household anyway).

John Hall