[AT] 3pt buzz saw - Ford

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Wed Mar 25 22:01:43 PDT 2015

I have not been around buzz saws a lot but did help my uncle saw for his
wood furnace a couple of times years ago. He ran it with a medium length
flat belt off of his 8N ford. Worked the tractor harder than I would
have thought, although I have no idea how sharp he kept the blade. Other
than that I see one each year at a local show in the fall. Google Thumb
Octagon Barn. The one they have is mounted on the front of a two
cylinder John Deere. I remember my dad telling about when he was young
and neighbors  (5 or 6 at a time) got together to help each buzz wood.
One of the guys was one of those stubborn  know it all types. The saw
they were using had the platform that you put the log on and then tipped
it into the saw. Well, as they  were sawing, this guy slipped on the
snow and fell beside the saw. Another guy reached over to help him and
was told he didn't need any $$$$ help. He reached up and grabbed the saw
frame, not realizing it was part of the platform and as soon as he went
to pull himself up, the platform pulled ahead and his arm was gone.
Again, an accident caused by stupidity, which didn't have to happen.
      Greg Hass