[AT] OT--game changer

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Mar 21 12:43:28 PDT 2015

On 3/21/2015 11:38 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> Me either David.  As far as the GMO stuff
> goes, it is nothing more than what seed producers
> have done for more than a century.  it's just shortcut by doing
> it in the lab under a microscope instead of by selectively
> crossbreeding generation after generation of plants in the field
> or greenh.
>
> Charlie
Charlie, that is exactly the message I try to get across to the great
uneducated but opinionated masses that
seem to think I am responsible for all the evils in the world by growing
roundup ready canola and spraying
it with Roundup. Usually I just let the remarks pass because there is no
use in arguing with a closed mind.
To me the bottom line is that all the herbicides and pesticides we use
are carcinogenic but I can't grow a decent
crop without them. And organic food sure won't feed the world. I'd be
happy grow organic crops and be
independent of the chemical companies but I don't see it happening. In
this part of the world the crop
sprayer is the most important and used machine on most farms.

Ralph in Sask.