[AT] Fine weekend in Texas

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 16:01:03 PDT 2015

My youngest son played little league Quarterback for one year and I threw
with him several times a day. He had a cannon for an arm which caused me to
have to heave it back to him. At the end of one season I could barely lift
my arm, such was the pain in my shoulder. I did not connect the two and
went to see a friend who is an orthopedic surgeon. He x-rayed and we talked
a while and he finally figured out what was wrong with me. Throwing that
football improperly! Cortizone? shots in the shoulder from the largest
needle I have ever seen fixed me up. That, and an offseason. I had mixed
emotions but a relieved shoulder when the son chose to play soccer
exclusively and dropped football.

It worked out well for him, too, as he ended up an Academic and Athletic
All-American and State Player of the Year in soccer. (Sorry, I had to brag
a little bit).

Warren