[AT] Little Oli

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Mar 10 17:45:12 PDT 2015

Good Deal, Tyler! I've only owned one Oliver and it was a basket case
Hart-Parr 70 that I sold as a parts tractor to a guy using two to make one.
I had a cousin that ran some Olivers, but we only ran IHC and Deere. I'm
certain they were fine tractors, we just had no dealer support in the area,
that’s why practically everyone around here was either Deere or IHC.

I did try to buy a big older Hart-Parr, don't remember what it was but it
was around 35-45 hp on the belt. It had rear rubber but also came with a set
of rear steel. The family that used to own it ran a tractor pull at their
farm in the 70's. One of the brothers used to pull this particular tractor.
He had a wire that ran to the governor. When the green flag dropped he
pulled it wide open until it spun out. Eventually the crank bearings got a
"little noisy".

John Hall