[AT] Off-topic Operating Systems (was Re: Forum registration)

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Tue Mar 10 07:20:34 PDT 2015

LOL!  That brings back really old memories, Steve.  I showed up at Ohio State to study computer graphics on sabbatical and one of the first questions I asked was, "What does CP/M stand for?"  A day or so later, they were finally able to tell me it meant Computer Program-Monitor. I bought an IBM personal computer while I was in Columbus that had everything maxed out on it -- with a whopping 64K bytes of memory.  The technician who installed the extra memory for my quipped, "What are you going to do with all that memory?" Those were the days when a megabyte of memory was the size of a four-drawer file cabinet.

Larry