[AT] Drawn out 1949 AC-B engine rebuild

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Sun Mar 8 08:52:32 PDT 2015

charlie hill wrote:
> Thanks for posting that Squids link.  That's a new one on me and a good one.
> Anyone looking for AC parts would do well to touch base with these fine
> folks as well: http://stores.djstractorparts.com/   They know A-C inside and
> out
> and are very helpful.
>
> Just as the Squids site pointed out, cracks in the block between the
> cylinders on
> A-C tractors are common.  Unless they are severely opened up they usually
> don't cause a problem.
>
> Charlie

Just did an AC B-125 power unit for the amish neighbor. Went with an
overbore kit and had the crank turned to .020 under with an offset
grind, That gives it a tiny stroke increase but every little bit helps.

Did have a crack between 3&4. Decided to use a lock pin and prevent it
from causing issues in the future.

Had fun getting the manifold off, once I got it all apart I drilled out
the holes re-tapped them. Installed stainless studs with bronze nuts.
Rebuilt the distributor and replaced the generator brushes.

Owner is real happy and was surprised that the entire job was done for
well under his budget.

--
Steve W.