[AT] Remembering/now Facebook

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Sat Mar 7 18:16:14 PST 2015

This is not in response to anyone's opinion or feelings on this subject, but is simply questions I feel I have to ask the group.  Feel free to treat it with disgust or disbelief, and let the flames begin.

Do you remember when the big national controversy was whether we were going to be given permission to have additional channels for CB's?  It finally happened, and now nobody cares because those restrictions to communication are a moot point.

Do you remember when every business needed fax capability to send facsimile's around the world?  When we planned and made reservations for an extensive European tour last summer, we ran into one -- just one -- company that was still using fax and couldn't do business with us unless we communicated via fax with them for payment.

Do you remember when you had to have a modem, router, and transceiver to support a modest node at your home or business?  That's all taken care of with a single device that your ISP provides for you today, and it handles TV, computer, and phone identities and supports your personal hub for communications.

My point is that this sort of personal communication is going to change and our personal preferences probably won't make much difference on how it does it.  There will come a point at which the number of people served by the group using the old technology simply doesn't make it worthwhile maintaining any longer.  So, what do you do when you reach that point?

Larry
---- Ron Cook <ron at lakeport-1.com> wrote:
> Nothing is free.  I would come at a cost somewhere along the line. That
kid didn't become super wealthy from his good looks.

Everything you do gets watched and the advertising gets sent your way
whether you want it or not.

I guess I soon won't have any lists of any sort to communicate with.  It
will be peaceful, I guess.  And my old computer with slow internet will
be fine with it.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA