[AT] Broke

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 7 13:46:56 PST 2015

I guess its kind of like working on old tractors. Ain't broke but its worn.
Should we keep using it like it is and tolerate any limitations or do we
"repair" it? Regardless of the outcome, doesn't hurt to weigh both
scenarios.

That said I managed to get some shop work done today. Finally think I have
the 454 ready to put the hood back on. I washed it and the M. Found out the
M needs a carb kit, leaking pretty bad. Probably could just get by with a
gasket as the needle and seat aren't that old and shouldn't be
leaking--wonder fi the float has a hole in it? Got to be careful about
disabling this one at the moment, I use it to put out liquid nitrogen.

Put the new parts on my wand for the pressure washer today. Only to find the
pump that supplies water to the shop has froze and busted. Pumps not even
coming on, don't know if the motor is gone as well, probably is. Definitely
the coldest winter we've had in a while, I believe Feb. was the 4th coldest
one on record. By passed that water source for another, only to find there
is a leak in the pressure washer pump.

John Hall