[AT] Plowing snow

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Mar 7 09:50:17 PST 2015

On 3/7/2015 11:01 AM, Mike wrote:
> Farmer, we have some north south roads by us where the west side of the
> road is open field and about 6' higher than the road. Naturally when we
> get a blizzard with a lot of blowing and drifting, those roads drift
> completely shut, and the drift is deep, real deep. For that type of job
> the county has a huge road grader that they attach a huge V-plow to.
> I've watched them clear those roads with that grader and am always
> amazed at the power and traction that thing has. I haven't seen it
> stopped by anything yet.
>
> Mike M
Mike the municipality here has two huge John Deere graders. One with a v
plow.
If I could post photos here I could show you that they eventually meet
their match.
The second one came in handy to pull the one with the V plow out of the
snow.
These back roads get drifted pretty heavy by this time of year . Not so
bad this
winter but there have been some bad ones.

Ralph in Sask.