[AT] Remembering/now Facebook

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Mar 6 10:06:01 PST 2015

On 3/6/2015 11:41 AM, Darrell Ratliff wrote:
> Like many others, I also use facebook.  A lot of the benefits of switching from an e-mail group to a facebook group  (such as picture posting) are already available through the ATIS forum that Spencer created.  I, like others, fail to visit the forum on a regular basis though.   The one distinct advantage to facebook is the near instantaneous notifications without specifically visiting a forum or page.
>      I don’t post often but I read daily and will follow wherever the group goes.
>
> Bigdog
Very true, if something happens on facebook you soon get a notification.
You can pick your friends and your groups. It is easy to search and find
what you are interested in and join that group. Facebook will also reach
out places where the old ATIS list will never go. That may attract some
new members that have a lot to contribute but have never heard of the list.
I've found a good FB group on Ford flatheads, old IH trucks, Cockshutt
tractors, scenic photos, various buy and sell groups, etc. The only
limit is how much time you have to spend reading.

Ralph in Sask.