[AT] Actual tractor content - New Holland TC33D

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Mar 4 09:38:38 PST 2015

The closest dealer is in Coleman, OK. Daniel Equipment.  They are very
knowledgeable on what models are being imported.   As a side note when I
went looking for my second Belarus, my 8345 ( 85hp w/ loader) I had
purchased a 2008 model with only210 hrs on Ebay.  It was located in
Kansas.  I contacted the seller during and after the ebay auction, and
he had sold it thru one of those put it on ebay for you  I won it for
$12000 this was in 2010.  Before I could get to pick it up, some S.O.B.
arrived at the sellers farm told him they were me and picked up my
tractor and paid for it.  Luckily I had not put any money down. The guy
did not get the tag number of the truck or anything since he was paid in
cash...    I was furious, and never found out who got my tractor, but
the seller said the truck driver mentioned he was from Idabel, OK.
There is a big monthly tractor sale in Idabel, OK.....    I had been
looking at another 8345 with 600 hrs on it and a 2006 model that was in
Seminole, OK.   It had been on Craigslist.  I contacted the seller, and
he still had it and I bought it for $14000 it had a Koyker loader on it
and needed some radiator repair.  The radiator cap would not seal, the
lip of the filler was damaged.    The air conditioner did not work, and
still does not.  I repaired the radiator last summer finally. It would
pull anything I asked of it and did not get hot without any pressure on
the cooling system.  I thin it has had $250 spent on filters and parts
and I have put 250 hrs on it....  It will run all day on 15 gallons of
fuel baling hay with a square baler, or pulling a 9ft disc mower.  If I
am using it for utility work with the loader feeding etc. it will run
forever on a tank of fuel..
I put a top tank on the radiator, a new fan belt on it last summer and a
couple of months ago I had to put a lift control cable on it.  The lift
control cable may be the only weak point on them.  A new one is  about
$80, it really is not a big deal.  You have to pull out the floor panel
of the cab and remove the seat, when I did , i cleaned up the floor and
upholstered the seat, so it was really some needed maintenance.   I only
wish that Dad & I had looked at these tractors with an open mind when we
were looking for a replacement for our MF 85 LP tractor.   The stories
were that the bearings were not round, the shafts were not polished yada
yada.   It was all a bunch of BS..  I have an 825 and a 8345.  the funny
thing about the Russian tractors is that they make one model for 10
years then update it.  The 825 was made in the 90's they made a 625,
725, 825, and 925.  The only difference in them was the rated
horsepower.  The tractors were identical except for the injection pump
setting.  I know this sounds crazy, but that is what the dealers have
told  me.....   They were built to be used and left in the field until
they were needed again.  If you wnated to go to town, they would run
30mph on the road..... The engines used in the tractors are used in
buses all over Europe.  My only operating objection is the PTO lever
takes a lot of power to move.  My wife cannot operate it the spring is
so stout.  It is all I can do to pull it in or out...

I gotta quit rambling and get to work.

Cecil in OKla

On 3/4/2015 9:15 AM, macowboy at comcast.net wrote:
> Cecil;
>
> Do you have a local Belarus dealer? They used to be popular here in the 90's but you don't see many of them anymore. They always looked very heavy duty. to my eyes. A 40 HP with a 4WD and a cab would have been nice to use this winter.
>
> Jim Thomson

>>> have. I did not read if it was a total hydrostat or not. They are nice