[AT] Remembering

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 11:56:38 PST 2015

I don't have any of those problems... but then I don't click on just
anything.
Folks that play a lot of Facebook games seem to have a lot of problems.
I have been running Google Chromium for some time with no problems. That is
the Linux version of Chrome. I also run the Ad Blocker Plus. I used to run
Firefox and still do for a few things where I like the way it renders some
sites better but Chromium runs a lot faster for me.
I have been playing with another one called Slim-boat which seem decent (I
don't recall if it is Linux only or not).
I have been running Linux for years now and will never go back to windows.
Never... My old wide-screen laptop had a hinge breaking so I bought this
one so I would have it in the hospital with me in November 2013. Silly me,
I thought I would be able to function mentally after the surgery.
:-)
It came with Windows 8 on it and the third time it crashed it lost a good
sized picture file I was working with. I hated the way it worked anyway so
as soon as I could function I cleaned it out and installed Ubuntu on it.
It's not for everybody but I like it (me and Sheldon Cooper).
:-)
I follow a few old tractor groups on Facebook and one thing I do like about
it is the way it is so easy to display pictures. Some forums (using the
Shopsmith Forum as an example) have a picture size limit so if I want to
post a picture most of the time I have to re-size the picture before
uploading it. I usually use:
http://www.resizemypicture.com/
On a Facebook group you just upload about anything and it is re-sized as it
is posted.
Most of the time the groups don't have all of the drama and crap because
there somebody is usually "in charge" unlike the almost free-for-all
regular status feed.
I may not be fully productive yet but I can follow groups...
:-)
One downside to those groups is that they seem to post a lot of nice
pictures but often with only four word descriptions, not many stories,
"here is my tractor" type of thing.
 :-)