[AT] OT Right of way, again

toma at risingnet.net toma at risingnet.net
Tue Mar 31 17:31:34 PDT 2015

We had a case where a road goes through our ranch used by several parcels.
A new guy bought one ranch and wanted a written easement. Mother told him
he had a right to through just as everyone else for 100 years or more, no
one would ever stop him.
Once when she was in the hospital I guess he thaought she was on her last
legs. He filed suit for quiet title. I took over a year and cost us
$20,000. to negotiate an easement. I assume it probably cost him the same.
The easement is quite restrictive. That was 15 years ago, he still sends
her a Christmas card every year.