[AT] 3pt buzz saw - Ford

vschwartz1 at comcast.net vschwartz1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 25 12:18:24 PDT 2015

In the upper 1930's and until the middle 1940's my father and his three brothers cut and sold heating wood for extra money during the winter. They had a saw like described, mounted on a 4 wheel wagon frame and powered by a model T Ford truck engine. I do remember that model T engine had a Whippet auto radiator that boiled over regularly. That outfit was a nightmare contraption, but it did work. When they got their first belt pulley tractor, that outfit was changed to a 2 wheel outfit powered by the 9N Ford Ferguson. Wood sales were fast sliding downhill as folks went to coal for heat so the buzz saw went down along with wood use. How those guys managed to keep from sawing off body parts I will never know.
Gil