[AT] 3pt buzz saw - Ford

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 09:15:18 PDT 2015

The modern chainsaw killed off the buzz say, maybe after the buzz saw killed off many of it's owners....
We had one that mounted on the front of an IH H, it folded up for transport and had a spring loaded roller table.  I think it was a "deluxe" model.  We had a chainsaw that weighed about 35# with a 16-20" bar and was very slow.  We cut poles and even split poles with wedges, like splitting rails, before sawing the firewood.

My mom told of the men sawing enough wood on Saturdays to charge the battery each week so they could listen to the radio.

They also had a wind charger for the battery also, so I guess they only had to saw if it was calm :-)
 Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com