[AT] Did you see it Mattias?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Mar 21 08:15:42 PDT 2015

On 3/21/2015 8:50 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> Glad you saw it Mattias.  We had a total eclipse here in 1969 but
> I was in school 100 miles west and seeing it from that location
> it was not at all spectacular.  I've regretted many times not going
> home that weekend.
>
> I started to ask you about the Northern Lights as it was rumored that we
> might see them here in NC but I didn't and I'm kind of glad of it because
> for them to get this far south means some serious solar radiation.  In the
> late 1800's they were seen in Cuba.  That is the same time that the
> telegraph
> wires fried in parts of the US as a result of the radiation.  No telling
> what would
> fry with all the electronic stuff we have now.
>
> Charlie
Amazing Northern LIghts here the past week or so. I can't take pictures
of them with any
of my cameras but I have seen the results of others and they look
impressive. I actually turned
off my yardlight a few nights to get down to zero "light pollution" and
have a good view.
Nothing but star light and those waving and moving sheets of light in
the whole Northern'
sky.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/stunning-northern-lights-seen-at-bulyea-sask-1.2998822

Ralph in Sask.