[AT] Off-topic Operating Systems (was Re: Forum registration)

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:04:30 PDT 2015

Stephen, there is a free windows program called "Classic Shell' that will
make your windows 8 computer look like an older more familiar version. It
doesn't do anything you couldn't do yourself through customization, so it
does not affect performance or anything else- just the appearance and menu
layouts. My wife bought an 8 machine for her use at her office. I could
barely find her network settings or anything else to get her connected
under 8. So I downloaded and installed Classic Shell and voila! had her on
her network and printers in about 10 minutes and she has no learning curve

I first discovered the program when I brought home a Vista machine and at
that time it made it look like my all time favorite OS- Windows XP

Warren