[AT] Actual tractor content - New Holland TC33D

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Mar 4 17:03:18 PST 2015

Caution:   Southerner talking about plowing snow.  Take with a grain of salt:

I start in the middle, throw to the right, and don't change plowing direction for the next lane.   In other words I dead-head back up to the top and repeat till I hit the edge of the road.  Then I start at the bottom and repeat.  Opening the first lane is the hardest.  After that I can keep the left tires in the cleared lanes.

Having said that, after two passes in big storms the windrow of snow on the right can be too hard to move and often the left tires just don't have enough traction, even applying the right brake.  I have to go backwards then.  Fortunately that is rare here in NC.  Going backwards is handy for short runs too.

BTW I have to clear a quarter mile of paved rd that has to be plowed wide enough to handle opposing traffic.

Spencer