[AT] wow

Gunnells, Bradley R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Mon Mar 2 08:02:33 PST 2015

Mike, you’re post got me thinking about how long I’ve been here. I don’t know when I signed up but I see that I’ve saved some emails dating back to ’95, so I’m in the 20 year/Forsyth County days.

There’s been lots of great memories along the way and I appreciate everyone bringing some of them back up again. I remember the famous blue handled fence pliers. Didn’t they go overseas to New Zealand or somewhere at one point? I don’t know the full story of them. I remember the “boxes” that trekked across the US to Portland for Spencer. I was able to handle one of them and meet a few list members along the way. Never made it to Portland myself but I’d love to sit around a campfire and listen to the stories that were told.

I’ve got some memories of Spencer paying a visit to my humble abode. I believe it may of been one of his first times on an Allis WC (my oldest tractor, 1946). Got some pictures of me plowing a field for his book.

Along with those memories has come some good conversation with great wisdom. I can never repay everyone for all the inspiration, advice, and knowledge that has been gained over the years.

Spencer and all of you who make up ATIS, Thank You!

Brad