[AT] OT pocket knives

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Jun 25 05:51:29 PDT 2015

jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> Since the list is pretty much silent I don’t feel I’m cluttering it
> too bad with an OT post. I’ll venture to say most of us carry a
> pocketknife, or 2 or 3.  What size and style do you find most
> convenient? My main knife is a 3 blade Old Timer, about 3 1/2 inches
> long (folded). It’s about 30 years old. I have a relatively new Case
> that is the same style. I prefer this size since the handle fits well
> in your hand—you can get a good grip on it. What style and size do
> you guys like the most? Also, what brand would you recommend? I’m not
> a knife collector/fanatic, I just want one that works. The Case I
> have was a gift, its about impossible to open without breaking
> fingernails. Do you like narrow blades, fat blades, locking blades,
> easy open (flick of the wrist)? The reason I‘m asking is its about
> time to get one for my son. I want it to be a good general purpose
> knife he can use for a long time.
>
> I guess this isn’t really OT, I use mine to open boxes of repair
> parts all the time!
>
> John Hall ‘' _______________________________________________

I have close to 40 different pocket knives. Gifts, purchases and
foundlings.

Normal carry now is a Victorinox Mechanic. For a lot of years it was a
Victorinox made Techline that was sold by Radio Shack.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=24142.0

I like them because they last a long time, are stainless and hold a good
edge. They also fit in the pocket good and have a few extra tools that
come in handy.

--
Steve W.