[AT] OT pocket knives

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Jun 25 04:42:02 PDT 2015

I usually carry 2 or 3 lockback single blades.  I always carry an old
cheap Smith & Wesson Black Ops The was a close out at Dollar General
that has had the tip of the blade broken I sometimes sharpen it, but it
has been used extensively for scraping dirt, grease, mud, etc from parts
or machines.   I also carry a Spyderco Harpy serrated for cutting net
wrap both off bales and off the rollers in the baler.   I have to
sharpen my cutting knives regularly because that net wrap dulls a sharp
blade quickly.   I also have a "survival"knife from a survival group I
belong to, it was only $10 with spring opening, seat belt cutter, and
glass breaker.

For years I always carried a 3 blade large Case Stockman.  One day while
cutting the notched out of a 5 gallon bucket to get the lid off, my
sheepsfoot blade folded on my index finger and cut it to the bone.  ( I
always carry a sharp knife )  A good friend of mine stitched my finger
up and gave me my first lockback.  I have carried one ever since.  As I
get older I like the lighter knives, but seem to have a problem of
losing one every year.   Those Spyderco Harpy knives are nearly $75
ea...    I get very unhappy when one of those disappear...

Cecil in OKla